Thread: Pixelated Pen Lines...

Pixelated Pen Lines...

Hello there, I was wondering if someone can help me with his problem that I am having, but I have a feeling that it's not fixable due to the way ArtRage 5 is programmed?

When I go to use the Pen tool to draw connecting lines and erase the parts of the line that I don't want, it looks so rough that when you go to draw a line connecting to that part it looks completely uneven.
    I also noticed a ghosting effect when lines are drawn using the pen tool and thought that this would be playing a part in it, so what I did was lightly draw over the connected part of the line and it's just too pixelated to make a curved line.
    I have turned smoothing on and off but it makes no difference...
    I using 100% smoothness and anywhere between 40-50% pressure to erase.

I am also using a BIG canvas size of 7000x4700 px with 430 DPI using the latest version of ArtRage using a Huion KAMVAS GT-191.
    Is there a way to draw connecting and curved lines without them pixelating like this, or is ArtRage going to have to be made differently to be able to get smoother lines like I have mentioned?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PEN PROB.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	96993  

I'm not quite sure what to look at in the sample image as I'm not seeing any pixellation in that line. If you could send a smaller painting file to us at [email protected] that shows the problem, at let us know where in that painting the problem is, we can take a look at the tool settings and see what is happening. It does need to be a PTG file specifically so we can check settings.

Hello Matt,

Just sent an email of the image.
    You will be able to see the problem when you download it from the email on your computer and click on "View actual size".