yesterday i tried a quick painting from this image:
    http://www.wallpapermaiden.com/wallp...i-fi-robot.jpg

i used this as tracing image with opacity of 64%

Program used in fullscreen @: 3840x1600

Windows 7 / x64
    AMD FX 6200 Six Core @ 3.80 GHz
    Ram 26GB
    Nvidia GTX 1060

at all, best settings for a great Painting but---------> if i zoom or try to move the background while drawing i have a huge lag.

any suggestions?

cheers

Cool painting!

I would lower the resolution of the original. That way you can mechanically trace the overall shapes for basic placement and then refer to the original as needed. But as an artist you can paint in all the fine stuff. I haven't done this but you may also find that having the original open in a simple picture viewer and flip flopping or having the programs open side by side might work. But I've not tried it.

Second idea, you can keep the resolution up, but chop your original into quarters (ie smaller pieces that show what you need to know) and import and discard them as needed when you have a particularly challenging area where you want to work out some details.

I don't know everything about your setup, but am guessing that the resolution of the reference is really over-taxing your computer's power. And my suggestions are merely hacks until you get an answer from people that know what the program does better than I.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thanks for reply. normally i paint my images like you said. original (what ever) is opened with the easy windows picture viewer. and on the other hand the artrage itself with a plain canvas.
    i really wondered why it won't work smoove.

my Resolution is not over taxing my computer. the Monitor is an LG 38 21:9 UltraWide Curved AH-IPS Panel and comes native with: 3.840 x 1.600
    information:
    https://www.amazon.de/LG-38UC99-W-Mo...words=38UC99-W

and as an digi artist i wanna use max

but thanks so far.

btw. happy new year

Can you tell me how you are zooming and moving the background?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Can you tell me how you are zooming and moving the background?
    - i zoom in/ out with the "middle scroll wheel" on my mouse
    - moving the canvas while holding down the "right mouse trigger"

here is a screenshot from Artrage's Ui that i use:

btw:
    i also did a test in my general Paint Program CorelDraw's: Photopaint: no lag no delay --> working smoove in here
    Last edited by inc; 01-03-2019 at 12:21 PM.

I've tried a canvas at 3840 x 1600 with that image loaded as a tracing image to see what kind of performance I'm seeing and I haven't seen any slowdowns. The monitor I'm using is only 2560 x 1600 so that's one difference, but if you could try turning off full screen and using a smaller ArtRage window, then let us know if that makes the performance better, that would help us work out what's going on.

thanks for reply. i tried artrage in window mode at: 2560x1560

same delay here. i give a try in windows 10 x64 (will give feedback later) but something goes wrong here with windows 7.

edit:

same in Windows 10 Pro x64

very strange because i have absolut no Problem with the same Settings in my other paint program: PhotoPaint by CorelDraw
    Last edited by inc; 01-06-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Because we're not seeing the problem here it's likely that either there's something else installed on the systems that is slowing the process down, or that we're not understanding the description of the problem correctly. If you could send an email to [email protected] we can do some deeper troubleshooting.

In that email it would be useful to know whether you have any other apps running on either operating system while using ArtRage, whether you have any specific utilities installed on both systems, and whether you see the same problem if you create a new painting at, say, 2560 x 1600 and try dragging that around.

We should be able to track down why this is happening for you.

i'll make a whole check and send detailed Information

Maybe some of the Windows 7 Sys- images can help too?

Windows 10 is new installed. No other programs running on it than ArtRage

I hope this will help or maybe there is an Debug Version of ArtRage that i can run on my Sys and send the report?
    Last edited by inc; 01-13-2019 at 08:02 AM.

For this kind of troubleshooting we need to shift to email. If you email [email protected] and let us know in that email whether creating a smaller image causes the same issue we can look at some troubleshooting steps.