Thread: Resolution and brush size questions for iPad

Resolution and brush size questions for iPad

I've been one of ArtRage's biggest fans for the desktop, but I just wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in an iPad.
    I got a iPad 9.7 air and a first gen apple pencil and immediately downloaded the app. I like it a lot better than when I tested it on an older iPad several years ago. It seemed that so much was missing and no touch sensitivity.

It is possible to get larger than 100% brushes as in the desktop version?

Also what resolution do you suggest? I don't know how to find the resolution of the piece I"m working on right now, without taking it to my computer, but all of the brushes seem very small. I'm sure it's the resolution in relationship to the brush size.

While my stuff is pretty painterly, and I can probably upsize in photoshop or even the desktop version of ArtRage without too much loss, I'd like to start at a good resolution for printing. I often print my pieces.

Thanks for your input,
    Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Currently the tool size on the mobile version of ArtRage is limited to 100%. We may revise this in the future.

If you open up the layers panel, then from the menu open canvas settings, you can view the size of the painting you are working on.

When you create a new painting, you can enter the size you want up to 2048 x 2048 pixels or 4096 x 4096 on the iPad Pro.

The iPad version supports recording scripts, so if you create a new painting you will see the option to enable this. This means that when you are finished, you can export the script file for that painting, then play that script back in the desktop version of ArtRage to repaint your work at your preferred size.