Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great grey owl

Great grey owl

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181105_211905_018.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	96439 I haven't zoom in yet,so I have some work left on this one. It looks ok from a distance i think. ...I will print this one in big. A present to my wife. She loves owl birds.

I know it's just an owl ... BUT...

So true and honest a depiction of the beauty and majesty of something to appreciate and respect... a depiction noble and captivating, it reaches deep within the viewer. And those piercing eyes and that face... a steadfast wisdom showing great solemnity and resolve... somehow calling us to aspire to the same.

IMHO, THIS is an example of sublime Art whose purpose and effect is to uplift and nourish the soul.

Bravo!

Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    I know it's just an owl ... BUT...

So true and honest a depiction of the beauty and majesty of something to appreciate and respect... a depiction noble and captivating, it reaches deep within the viewer. And those piercing eyes and that face... a steadfast wisdom showing great solemnity and resolve... somehow calling us to aspire to the same.

IMHO, THIS is an example of sublime Art whose purpose and effect is to uplift and nourish the soul.

Bravo!
    thank you. Well written. Thank you. The great grey owl is a beautiful animal. My wife favorite. This Is not something I use to do. Drawing Birds. Or realistic drawing. But it's good to do other stuff sometimes.

Thank you! :-)

Beautiful bird. Nice detail and expression in that face!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Beautiful bird. Nice detail and expression in that face!
    Thank you DaveRage!

wow, really a very nice work, I agree with DarkOwnt it is a sublime work, and outside of your normal expression, just shows how remarkably talented you are.! well done your wife will be thrilled.

Thank you Jonwood!