Thread: Hello and inquiry about challenges

Hello and inquiry about challenges

Hello

I have just come back to the Artrage after a number of years. I had stopped because I found working with a mouse frustrating. Anyhoo, now I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet - old but seems to work well enough, and am exploring digital art again (and art generally). I would like to work on developing skills for painting pets - so I can make my Xmas gifts instead of buying ! Have a ways to go (this was my first).

On another note, to develop my skills, I am really enjoying participating in a daily drawing challenge (from a photo) on FB and wonder if there is something similar that people know of for digital painting (pets specifically). If you know of any would be very grateful if you could share. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lab2.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	96625  

Hi there. I don't know about special focusing on pets, but a lady posts fairly regularly animals. She hangs out on other sites a lot and so probably could turn you on to some sites that have such challenges. At least she might be helpful if she sees this thread. Her user name here is Enug.

Yeah, a stylus makes a world of difference. Glad you upgraded yourself. Enjoy. Your puppy picture shows your intention very clearly. Would love to see more when you want to post them.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream