Thread: Ballerina

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ballerina

Hi All

After some time away I am getting back into art, and again trying digital art. This is my third finished piece and it was a steep learning curve, I can't look at it without seeing the mistakes. I found blending particularly hard and gave up on the neckline working. I am here to improve and would love a constructive critique highlighting main areas to work on, and if possible any links to good online tutorials. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballerina 2.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	318.7 KB 
ID:	96624  

Excelente pintura... felicitaciones... !!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

. Great Ballerina very. Well Done. CIAO. SLAINTE

Beautiful and powdery-explosive. I really feel the dynamics of her pose and balance point. Good one!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow It's beautiful!

I love this painting!
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by shasha View Post
    Hi All

After some time away I am getting back into art, and again trying digital art. This is my third finished piece and it was a steep learning curve, I can't look at it without seeing the mistakes. I found blending particularly hard and gave up on the neckline working. I am here to improve and would love a constructive critique highlighting main areas to work on, and if possible any links to good online tutorials. Thank you
    Nice composition. I love the pose and dynamic of the background elements - I would even push those further with some more faint dusting trails for extra movement. I think the blending is fine, it looks natural but I do agree with you about the neck. The head looks a little awkward and the neck is rigid, detaching it from the rest of the form. I feel the right shoulder shoulder should sit back more. Maybe loose or soften the highlight under the chin to allow the head to sit down more too.

One of my favourite tricks, that my art teacher taught me when I got stuck was to turn the painting upside down to allow you to look at it with fresh eyes. (Or in digital you can flip it side to side - ArtRage has a nifty little shortcut for this. Just press and hold "H" for a quick flip view)