Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MacOS Mojave + Huion + Artrage Problemo

MacOS Mojave + Huion + Artrage Problemo

Hello! I've been demoing Artrage 5 for the past week, and I've been really excited about it! But I've run into an issue that I cant seen to resolve.

I recently purchased a Huion H950P tablet to use with the software. I'm on a MacBook Pro with Mojave installed. The issue is whenever I draw/paint with a tool (oil paints, pencils) and then click on the tool settings to change something....often the tool settings window will disappear and a stroke will be painted across the canvas real fast ....and then the tool setting reappear. This leads to me having to use the undo shortcut a LOT. Hahah! I've searched through the tablet driver settings and ArtRage settings with no luck. Any ideas to help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 5.11.28 AM.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	96565
    Last edited by WilsonC; 11-20-2018 at 03:59 AM.

Hi there!

Thanks for the information. It looks like ArtRage isn't receiving a message indicating that the stylus has been lifted, causing a stroke to be created when you intend to click on the panel ( panels vanish normally when you paint over them ).

On macOS we use Apple's input standard, so there aren't any settings in ArtRage to change.

I'd suggest making sure you have the latest drivers for your Huion tablet installed, and if that doesn't help it'd be worthwhile contacting Huion support for assistance. I hope this is of some help!

I have sent an email to Huion and I will update this thread with any information I find. I need to test the Huion in ArtRage on my Windows machine to see what happens.

My current work around is to map one of the pen buttons to a mouse left-click. This allows me to tweak tool settings without the settings dialog vanishing and leaving random strokes on the canvas.

I have a new KAMVAS GT-156HD V2 Huion and tried to do the same as you to see the problems, but I cannot replicate it. Everything works fine.....so far.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

*Knock on wood* LOL! Thanks for checking and reporting. Are you on a Mac? Yesterday I tried it on my windows 10 machine and I did not have the problem there. Only on my Mac. Interesting!

Yes, I am running on a 27" iMac (2015) with Mac OS Mojave installed.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonC View Post
    Hello! I've been demoing Artrage 5 for the past week, and I've been really excited about it! But I've run into an issue that I cant seen to resolve.

I recently purchased a Huion H950P tablet to use with the software. I'm on a MacBook Pro with Mojave installed. The issue is whenever I draw/paint with a tool (oil paints, pencils) and then click on the tool settings to change something....often the tool settings window will disappear and a stroke will be painted across the canvas real fast ....and then the tool setting reappear. This leads to me having to use the undo shortcut a LOT. Hahah! I've searched through the tablet driver settings and ArtRage settings with no luck. Any ideas to help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 5.11.28 AM.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	96565

I know this is a really old thread, but have you found a solution for this issue? I have the same problem all the time. I got a Gaomon tablet and I returned it, because it just drove me mad (it doesn't happen with my old intuos). I got a huion tablet and I am having the same issue. (I have a Mac Catalina and am using artrage 6).

Same issue here. Huion tablet HS610 on Mac. Tried it on Painter Essentials and no problem there. I updated the Huion driver but it's the same result. Any suggestion is welcome.

Same issue with Huion h1060P

MacBook, Catalina, Artrage 6

The tablet works flawlessly with photoshop, sketchbook, and other programms.

In Artrage only a few tools work. Oil and watercolor brushes only draw at the start of the stroke, pencil and pen only draw very short lines and stop working. Difficulty working with the UI.

Since the tablet works with other software, I believe it is an Artrage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tradigital View Post
    Same issue here. Huion tablet HS610 on Mac. Tried it on Painter Essentials and no problem there. I updated the Huion driver but it's the same result. Any suggestion is welcome.
    Update: When I moved all the panels to the left side of the screen, this issue was avoided. Could it be the stylus not crossing the panels is the solution (I'm right-handed)?