Thread: Advice Needed on Digital Art Pen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alexandra, You would normally install Mac OS Mojave from the App store (update). When I did that, I had a lot of problems with the systems software. So what I did, was a clean install. Installing from a USB stick. This wipes your disk clean and installs the Mac OS. Meaning, I had to re-install all of my software programs again. The advantage: no residual from the old operating systems and software programs. Disadvantage: a lot of work re-installing everything and getting/entering all of the software and keys to make everything work again.
    These new tablets (Huion/XP-pen) are pretty new into this field of art/illustration. They are not quite as good as the Wacom cintiq, but there is also a huge price difference. I figure what I would pay for a Wacom tablet of 16 inches ($1500), I could buy my Huion 15.6 inch for less than 1/3 the price. And could upgrade down the road when they start getting 4k graphics and pens. For now, mine works great for what I paid for it. I love having the ability to draw on the screen that I am viewing instead of drawing on the tablet and looking up into another screen. Makes drawing a lot easier.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Thank you, GRS. My daughter was explaining this to me as well. I will try to do this. From a few posts I've read on the internet, there are a few folks out there having problems with the new update and new wacom's. I believe these issues will be resolved soon as they have in the past. I have had a lot of expenses this month so I will wait a bit. I would love a nice pen as you have, maybe some day. Take care, and thanks.

One more question, please. My mouse works well with Artrage. It is just difficult for me to draw with. I am looking into mouse/pen's. I don't even mind something that plugs in as I have converted my mouse to a plug in. I am tired of buying batteries. Also friend suggested doing this as her business did this for economic reasons. Would any one out there use anything like this for their digital drawing?
    Also I am researching digital pens and have read reports of viral software to run these pens. I have enjoyed my wacom but now have three of them that will not update, (in their defense, they still work, and work great with our old computers) while my mouse will plug into any system I have.
    Thank you.