Quote Originally Posted by LaFemmeDuLac View Post
Hi spifireix, thanks for answering immediately. And no, Slim Pen 2 was OK. I could use it for everything else on Surface Book 3, but not for "Coral Painter".
Hi. Many people have experienced issues with Corel Painter and Surface computers. See this post on Painter Factory about Corel Painter not supporting Surface pen properly. I would guess that your Surface Book 3 (a nice machine) is not going to be compatible with Painter. Just like my Surface Pro 8.

In my opinion the Slim Pen 2 is the best pen for modern Surface devices that I've used. I also have the old Surface Pen and the Slim Pen 2 is more accurate and fluid with less jitter. Having said that, none of these pens work as well as a Wacom stylus in my opinion. The feel and responsiveness of a Wacom stylus is still my preferred pen/tablet combination. I wish you could use the Wacom pens on Surface devices but you can't. I use the Surface Pro 8 when I want to work outside or just change my environment and my Wacom cintiq with my desktop computer if I need to really do a long session with detailed work.

Getting a good digital art set up will take some experimentation. I would encourage you to find something that works to your liking and then spend some time making art. You will find that your preferred setup and devices may change as your style and interests evolve. At one point I was mostly doing comics and so my main requirement was for a device that could support sketching and inking (which is pretty much any device or art program). Now I'm mostly involved with painting and find I depend more programs like Painter and ArtRage and hardware like the Wacom Art Pen.