Thread: Advice Needed on Digital Art Pen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice Needed on Digital Art Pen

Hello, Ragers. I upgraded my settings and now there are no downloads for my old wacom. Do you have any advice on an economical pen? It seems when a huge upgrade is needed, out goes the printer and the pen. Not so great for a retired person on a budget.

When my Wacom failed, and then Huion failed, I purchased the Xp-Pen Deco 03. I have had no problems with it, solid drivers, and find it equal or better than my previous Wacom.

Xp-Pen also recently released a surprisingly high quality and affordable screen tablet.

Just checking, which Wacom tablet model are you using, and what is your current operating system? I can check and see if I can find anything which will let you keep using your old tablet.

This would be great, Dave. Mine is a Bamboo CTH-460. I downloaded their latest downloads for my mac, but it did not work. I couldn't even find it on their lists though. I did not contact them, and I should have. They have always offered great service. It seems such a waste to just throw away something that is still workable. I know when my printer went out the last time, I called the printer company which I would not publicly name. I even suggested buying a download driver as I had just purchased ink. I had done this in the past. I told the rep we needed to keep things out of the landfills, but I couldn't get anywhere. I had to donate a perfectly good printer with new ink. Very irritating and expensive. Now I buy the least expensive printer out there. Poor marketing really. Enough of my complaining, thanks, Dave!

From what I can see on their website, it looks like that Bamboo should work correctly on macOS, even if you're running the latest version, so unless there's a problem with the tablet itself ( and in my experience the hardware tends to be pretty reliable ), there's no need to buy another tablet.

Here's what I'd recommend:

-Make sure you have downloaded the latest driver from www.wacom.com for your tablet and installed it

Here's a link to their drivers page ( Wacom US ) https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/...upport/drivers

-If the tablet isn't working at all after that, contact Wacom support and they should be able to help solve the problem
    -If the tablet appears to be working but there's a problem using it in ArtRage, email me directly at [email protected] with the details of what you're seeing and I can do some troubleshooting with you.

I hope this helps!