Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decay

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The sign with the entrance to the canyon from Valley Circle -- a couple miles from my home. I thought it had been managed, but I also saw that the burns were spotty so that there was still fuel for any fire that would get blown back up -- which did happen. The winds are like a blacksmith's bellows. When they're going, which they have been, it gets the fire going again.

BTW, when I was at the top of Woolsey I think (it's unmarked up there mostly but it's that canyon the sign is pointing to), I met a gangbanger up there who was in a pre-fab home community quite vulnerable about 100 yards from this burn site (infinitely closer than the homes in the shot). While everyone evacuated because of the clear risk, he stayed because there were a couple elderly people there who had just had surgery. A public spirited, good fellow. We were both happy to have someone to talk to about it. Friendly. He was taking pictures with his phone like I was and described the evening before. He said that the flames had gotten high as the phone poles and a helicopter came in and dropped the water and it was out where the water hit. You see what it looked like that morning after as we spoke.

Anyway, that smoke alone is a bitch to breathe after a short while. Woke me up the night before and I had to drive away for a time.

This is still far from over. And like I said, other places got it far, far worse. But this is generally my area.
    Thanks for sharing. That’s pretty scary to have that happening so close. Man.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Weatherford View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That’s pretty scary to have that happening so close. Man.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Rondo.
    Yes, apologies Rondo.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

no prob,i can understand how people must feel with something like that going on around them, support is a huge thing in these cases!.

Well for Thanksgiving we have some rain.

My understanding is the fires are elsewhere started up now inland. Hope they get rain in time there too.

But here the firefighters finally got a hand from Mother Nature. I suppose she didn't check the forums any sooner to see your rainy pic or she would have sent the rain sooner. Guess you're the resident druid cause she's taking her cues from your paintings.

Suggestion to you, Rondo, or perhaps a request: Please paint pleasant things. There's mojo in your art.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...54518-The-Rain
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-23-2018 at 05:05 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I have to say that this is something i did not knew about myself (born the wrong time? wrong place?)
    your suggestion is something i keep in mind, Sir