Thread: New at ArtRage

New at ArtRage

Hello, I'm just 21-yr old someone who mostly draws for fun, though I have some aspiration to write-draw my own comics and (maybe) game/story illustration, but right now I only have a few years of experience under my belt. I put my own comic project on the backburner though to work on my mental health when I remembered about this software bundled with my tablet. I like to draw (clean) anthropomorphic/"furry" art, I hope that's acceptable or okay with this community.

I really love the brushes and rendering ArtRage can do easily, especially since I usually use Photoshop. This isn't the style of how I normally paint/draw, but I've been really wanting to something like this with loads of paint layers, dripping and strokes like actual painting, since I can't afford the tools or a space for that irl. I also admire the 20th century styles of visual art. I dunno if what i've painted can be considered "good" or not, but maybe someone else would enjoy it

It's just a character for a hypothetical story idea I have in my head, but too preoccupied with other things/ideas I'm passionate about to develop it right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drip test.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	96354

Hi very good Congrats and Welcome to the happy Crowd CIAO HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE

I love it! The technique is really cool and fresh, not to mention the end result is a little like the cat got into the yarn basket and had a devilishly fun play. Or perhaps you invented a new superhero -- Catman. Very creative and a lot of fun to look at.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow, wonderful work!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I love it! The technique is really cool and fresh, not to mention the end result is a little like the cat got into the yarn basket and had a devilishly fun play. Or perhaps you invented a new superhero -- Catman. Very creative and a lot of fun to look at.
    Thanks for the comments! I didn't consider the similarities to yarn when I painted that, happy accidents haha!. "Superhero" is actually kinda close to the main basic story I've thought for him for now. (town hero in a 90s low fantasy/mundane fantasy)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Wow, wonderful work!
    Thank you!