Thread: Jack, Ebony, and Snow White

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jack, Ebony, and Snow White

A twisted tale....I wanted to make something Halloweenish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JackEbonyandSnowwhiteOCT2018.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	96341  

what a wonderful surrealist dream of Hallow'ed Eve....

Thank you so much, Gary. I had a zen doodle of a woman and her raven in my notebook, uploaded it and added the two friends. I'll try to find it and upload it. Can't beat Artrage. A great program.

Wow! Is there a story here or what!?!?! Almost like a predicament for the Halloween folk that sets up the mystery and begs for the "wha hoppened?" to play out -- just so we can start eating holiday candy treats and fall asleep at last. . . This is a page turner for sure and blurry eyes are guaranteed come the crack of dawn without the book being put down yet. The hell with work. I just gotta know. . .

Oh, and nice painting details. Lots of personality in that jack-o-lantern and my guess is it's up to him to put things right, with a little help from the ravens.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Haha! Love it! Thank you, D Akey. I've finished Jack and the Beanstalk and The Arabian Nights Tales on Amazon. Totally enjoyed them.

Every one knows the Snow White story...and this is just what it was. A story. The truth lies six feet beneath soft black earth close to crumbing castle ruins beyond the Black Forest. The ancient growing ivy seemed to purposely conceal the gravestone marking this immortal and slumbering beauty, yet each and every Halloween for one hundred years a raven and a carved pumpkin appeared on the very spot pleading: "I have paid my fee, and Jack his...Now please beautiful princess...you must rise."

Candy corn, anyone?
    Last edited by Alexandra; 10-28-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typing error