Thread: Trouble Downloading Files

Trouble Downloading Files

I'm using ArtRage 5 and would like to import some new brushes. So far, I'm having a heck of a time opening the file. I get the usual "unknown file type" when I attempt to open the package. The package does not look like a gift box but a typical zipped file folder.
    Do I need a special program to download ArtRage tools such as additional brushes?

Thanks!

Can you let me know where you downloaded the file from, and what the filename is?
    If someone has zipped up some ArtRage brushes rather than created a package file, you would need to import them manually but I should check what sort of file you have first.
    What operating system are you using?

Once I know more, I should be able to help.

Thanks, Dave. I'll get some more info and get back to you.

Okay, back to the problem. I'm using a PC with Windows 7 as the OS. I've tried downloading the files with both Explorer and Firefox. I'm using this just as an example but this is what I keep getting, or, the page shows nothing but code??

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  12.0 KB

Even when trying to import a file with ArtRage open, the file with the .arpack extension will not open nor can I locate it anywhere in the program.

I've read the manual many times in regards to packages but I'll be darned if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for that. It sounds to me like your web browser may be attempting to open the file, rather than save it.

When you choose to download one of these files, you should have the option to open or save the file. Make sure to choose the save option, then choose the location to save it to. If you don't have any option to choose the save location, most browsers will save files to your Downloads folder.

Then, when the download is complete, first check that the file exists, then launch ArtRage, go to File -> Install Package File and browse to the location the file was saved to. You should then be able to select it and install it.

If this doesn't help, please email me at [email protected] with the following information, and I can help directly:

-An example of a web address you're attempting to download a package file from ( Go to a web page where you see one of these downloads available, then highlight and copy the address in your browser's address bar via ctrl + C and paste it into the email via ctrl + V )
    -Which web browser you're using e.g. Microsoft Edge, Firefox

I should be able to solve this one for you from there.

Thanks, Dave. I'll give it a try this evening. If it doesn't work I'll e-mail you.

Problem solved. Thanks again, Dave.