Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How would you compare ArtRage to Kritta or MyPaint?

wrong place

Krita and MyPaint are good programs. I most often use them within the Debian stretch 9.4 operating system, cannot get WINE to work in this operating system to use Art Rage.
    MyPaint brushes have recently been included in the tools menu of the GIMP version 2.10 making the GIMP a graphic arts program with some recent excellent improvements. Looking forward to this latest version being incorporated into the repositories of Debian and Fedora, along with the custom operating systems of Fedora Design Suite and Ubuntu Studio.

Art Rage compares well with MyPaint and Krita. All have special features that are unique and make that program special and useful for certain tasks for image creation and editing.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    Alongside Artrage I use Affinity Designer to do graphic design stuff. Even though I'm not a vector illustrator, I need it for the advanced font options and a few other things.
    Interesting. I use Affinity Photo and am about to pull the trigger on Designer. I wish someone made a single program that combined the rich featues of the Affinity products with those of ArtRage. What fun that would be!

I'm not an illustrator, I'm not a photographer and I'm not a painter. I'm a budding digital artist (as a retirement pursuit). Give me one program that does vector & image as well as Affinity and painting as well as ArtRage and I'll be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Happy Larry View Post
    I use Paintstorm Studio to make repeatable patterns.
    Could you tell me why you use this specific program and how it helps with this task?

Thanks!

Krita is really good, I used SAI before and I can see that Krita is much more powerful. Again, Photoshop costs money, so Krita is the real thing because it's free.