Thread: Opacity Invert for stylus properties?

Opacity Invert for stylus properties?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to invert the opacity controlled by pen pressure for a custom brush (in the same way you can invert the size by pressure for the oil brush) in stylus properties? I'm guessing it is not currently possible as I don't see the option to add a pen pressure variable in the stylus properties - unless I'm overlooking something.

I have made some custom brushes based on fountain and dip pens (I will package them up for a free download in the near future). If I can set a decrease in opacity with high pressure then I could create an authentic ink spread and ultimately, railroading effect, the same as if you apply too much pressure to a dip pen nib.

This is an example of how it currently looks - it railroads more as the opacity and size decreases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pen example.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	95995
    Last edited by NickBussy; 09-20-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Hi Nick. That's not possible in ArtRage, but I've taken a note of this as a suggestion. Thanks for the feedback!

No problem - Its mainly the only function I can think of it being a useful feature. Though I also thought it might be useful for experimenting with different ways to create dry brush or old worn brush textures - Pressing into a stroke would fade out the darker areas of the brush head to reveal more texture, similar to the roller tool. This would give more texture (or a slight variation of texture) in wider areas of a stroke, simulating splayed bristles or old brushes with different bristle lengths.

Finally got my new site running. If anyone would like to play with these brushes, I've put the arpack up as a free download.

https://craftyginger.co.uk/product/i...ge-brush-pack/