Thread: Script Playback whole image

Script Playback whole image

Dear Artrage Community,

I stumbled upon the new version of Artrage yesterday. I´m especially interested in the script playback function for different resolutions.
    Does it work in practice with a complete illustration recreated in higher resolution?

(I'm looking for such a resolution-independent paint-software forever ... Unfortunately, the feature is blocked in the demo and video tuts show only really short and simple playbacks)

Thanx,

Michael

Script playback at higher resolution repaints the image on a larger canvas with tools at a proportionately larger size. There may be some minor differences in the eventual paint strokes however, the new paint strokes may vary due to the simulated real media factors such as the interaction of paint at larger sizes and some variation in elements like bristle texturing.

This isn't a resolution independent system per se, it's a way to reproduce your strokes with larger tools without having to do it manually. We'll look in to adjusting the demo though, I think the lack of upscaled playback is a holdover from when the demo had save functionality.

Dear Matt,

thank you for your quick reply and explanation. I guess I understand the process you describe, I used a similar software years ago on my nds (colorslive.com/) were you could used a java App to repaint your drawings done with the nds. There also were differences between the original and the newly drawn picture but they were minimal.
    I guess this, and especially the other factory you described, is something to be test with Artrage directly. If a new demo of Artrage would included the feature, that would be great.

Thanx!

Sigmund