Thread: Earthbound

Earthbound

I am a huge fan of abstract paintings, and so inspired with the wonderful treads uploaded lately. I hope you all like this one. They are so difficult for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

wonderfully done Sandy, I really like your use of the fronds in the lower right and the geometric and hard edges, well done!

Nice Sandra! Watch out, if you go abstract you may not want to go back!

I love the mixed media vibe of it. Very cool. Reminiscent of shadow boxes and montages and cool designs broken into a Mondrian kind of grid. Nice work!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    wonderfully done Sandy, I really like your use of the fronds in the lower right and the geometric and hard edges, well done!
    Thanks so much Gary. I am a huge admirer of your work and I am trying so hard to learn this fantastic style. I am a long way away from where I wish to be. You and Al have inspired me to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by alkratzer View Post
    Nice Sandra! Watch out, if you go abstract you may not want to go back!
    Haha, too late, Al, too late. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I love the mixed media vibe of it. Very cool. Reminiscent of shadow boxes and montages and cool designs broken into a Mondrian kind of grid. Nice work!
    . Thanks so much DAkey, sure appreciate it! I tried to incorporate a little Native American with modernism. I can see the Mondrian grid pattern. I have to watch it, as I love to sew using scraps, I think I incorporate the straight lines into my art as well. I am hoping when things settle down for me I can work on an Appalachian scrap quilt. I may design my quilt soon on Artrage digital.

I like the rocky and wood like textures in this, along with the vegetation seems to fit the theme really well!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I like the rocky and wood like textures in this, along with the vegetation seems to fit the theme really well!
    . I am so flattered, Dave, thanks so much.