Hi,

First a super quick question: Are all Artrage full versions backwards compatible with all other Artrage full versions. (i.e Can I open an Artrage 2 or 3 file in the newest Artrage?)

Second question: I'm looking to purchase a new computer, and I don't mind spending more money if it correlates to speed improvements and ease of use. The problem I've had with ArtRage in the past was very slow "catch-up" when copying and pasting layers (I often work with multiple large layers). The computers I've had in the past were objectively kind of crummy though, so I honestly can't blame the software. The problem is that now I want to buy a new computer for AR, but I don't want to spend more than I need to run it more smoothly. AR doesn't post recommended specs.

My understanding is that AR uses mostly CPU power and no GPU, RAM is pretty cheap, so what would be a good processor to go with? Alternatively, if someone runs AR very smoothly and can manipulate large copy-pastes without issue, and wants to post what their system is like, that would be helpful information. And I welcome correction if I'm wrong about AR using CPU over GPU.

Thanks a lot.