ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First Painting

First Painting

Hi Everyone,

I Just found about ArtRage and what i discovered was awesome!
    I have never been a good artist digitally or on paper.
    Please comment my first picture so I can learn of my mistakes
    and improve.I tried to make a sunset effect but i kind of failed.ops:

Newb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunsetfailed_162.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	6669  

Hi Newb - I don't know if I would say you failed. As an abstract painting, this works very well. The colors are nice and bold and the picture grabs ones eye. If you are trying to make a realist type painting, I think that the sun is too 'spiky'. You should soften (blend) these rays down so they are like a haze. The horizon needs to be level to be realistic, and if the foreground is water you need a long reflection of the sun on its surface. As Bob Ross says "We painters don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents!". By this I think he means that we may all start a painting with one thing in mind, and wind up with something we never expected. A failure would be not doing any kind of painting!
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Thank you Jvolkel,

I'll try to make my future paintings better.As I said (>'')> I am new to ArtRage and don't know much of what to do to make the painting look better or what to blend it with.Newb.

Newb, you only fail if you stop trying. You know where you want to go and there is no shortage of help and advice here. But in the final analysis, it's up to you to succeed. Keep at it, it will happen.