Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hot in Glendale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    717

    Hot in Glendale

    my latest work which is getting a lot of attention on Instagram.... tried something a little different here with duplicating the work then turning the top layer in to a gray and white half tone and changing blend mode to multiply.. and
    then erasing out some areas and leaving others..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hot in Glendale-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	483.6 KB 
ID:	95921  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,673
    I like the halftone a lot, I think it works really well with that choice of colours too
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter / Technical Support
    Ambient Design

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,266
    How long are you personally going to be in Glendale?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    I like the halftone a lot, I think it works really well with that choice of colours too
    wow thanks a lot Dave always a pleasure to hear from the ArtRage Team.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    How long are you personally going to be in Glendale?
    Hi D Akey actually I did not go down just my son and some of his friends were my reps there. They got a lot of great feedback from some
    of the other artists there they really liked my work and were curious about how it was done ... ( ArtRage magic ) . But the show is up until late October.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,266
    The lads no doubt could find something fun to do in LA. Good incentive for them and a help for you. You've done a lot of traveling with your work of late. I understand the joys of staying put and relaxing, not to mention the time to do more painting.

    Well, it's probably a good thing that I didn't come too close with you and I might have coughed on you, and that single act might have set you onto a whole different style, that would combine Klenex and flem. I think Rauschenberg already pretty thoroughly explored those themes back mid-century anyway.

    Well, stay healthy and keep up the great work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Prineville Oregon USA
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    The lads no doubt could find something fun to do in LA. Good incentive for them and a help for you. You've done a lot of traveling with your work of late. I understand the joys of staying put and relaxing, not to mention the time to do more painting.

    Well, it's probably a good thing that I didn't come too close with you and I might have coughed on you, and that single act might have set you onto a whole different style, that would combine Klenex and flem. I think Rauschenberg already pretty thoroughly explored those themes back mid-century anyway.

    Well, stay healthy and keep up the great work.
    LOL good to know you still have your wit and humor even though your under the weather a bit. My son had a great time and there was a huge turnout for the opening so my work got lots of exposure. The catalog was not actually a printed magazine style but instead the 79 artists represented each had a large postcard printed with their work and biography and artistic statement printed and then organized into a box. A great idea I can hardly wait to see the other works exhibited in the show along with mine.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,452

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •