Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Primordial Dream Series

All great. But I really love this last one. Dazzling.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I am totally in love with your paintings, Al. Awesome work!!!!

Thanks D. Sometimes it pays to keep working an idea through a number of iterations.

Thanks you Sandra. These are pretty new to me. Have been doing them for a couple of months and then decided to post some here and on Facebook. I have to say they have gotten a LOT of positive reactions, questions about purchases and the like. Much more than any other work I have done.

a couple of nice pieces Al. I applaud your experimenting with other color palettes .

Thanks Gary! More explorations in development!

Cool. I like how in this latest posting you grouped areas in a less even way. In the ones where the saturation and values are really similar I guess it could be compared with an orchestrated chord as a solo hit whereas this one moves around within the picture plane which adds the element of Time moreso because it sets up a relationship the eye wanders through. Just my take on the variations. They're all valid for sure. Just a matter of what you want them to do and it seems you are firmly at the helm.

I still maintain that these iterations strung together in a slide show would be a pretty impressive experience. They all seem to hold a similar vision throughout, like units or passages of music, only visual. They each have their tone, as it were. And thus making a progression with them might be really cool, especially considering how close they are owing to the technique and the saturation levels. I imagine that in a darkened room watching these projected onto a screen or whatever would grab you by the optic photosensors.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream