Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Primordial Dream Series

Beautiful and exhilarating, Al, and BTW, please don't grow up! The artist is the child who has survived.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Beautiful and exhilarating, Al, and BTW, please don't grow up! The artist is the child who has survived.
    Thanks Xandra!

Another one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 1 09142018 AR SM.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	95970

Another success, Al!

Amazing. Crescendos all. Dynamic saturation over some very interesting compositions. Because they're so electrified and amplified and different from most art out there, yet very artistic, if I were picking an instrument that they correspond to, I would have to say a synthesizer of some sort. It's almost like you're manipulating modulations and effects and then applying those sounds to music -- or art in this case. Cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks man. You are basically on the right track.

These are developed through a combination of image mash ups, a bunch of photoshop filters and adjustments that I have strung into a sequence of actions, manual selections of areas to manipulate/shift the luminescence and hues, followed by a session in ArtRage to blend areas with frosted pallet knife and adding a layer or two with direct pastel strokes painted in. Sometimes I play with various levels of transparency on these layers before merging. then bring it back to photoshop for one last set of overall bright/contrast/vibrancy tweaks and to do some more opaque touch ups using photoshop's medium pastel brush which has a "greasier" feel to me than the AR dry media brushes.

Basically trying to combine the randomness of the image mashup process with some of my favorite digital manipulations, followed by "rational" decisions applied by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Amazing. Crescendos all. Dynamic saturation over some very interesting compositions. Because they're so electrified and amplified and different from most art out there, yet very artistic, if I were picking an instrument that they correspond to, I would have to say a synthesizer of some sort. It's almost like you're manipulating modulations and effects and then applying those sounds to music -- or art in this case. Cool.