Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Primordial Dream Series

One for this AM

More in the series. I got a million of them folks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 17 09102018 AR SM.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	95944

So Al, did you go in and enlarge portions of a single painting, zooming in to interesting designs? Only reason I'm asking is that it looks blown up a bit around the edges -- not quite pixellated but in that range.

Anyway, these designs/compositions are very cool. I remember seeing a video on the process of the band Yes in which they spoke of jamming and recording it all and then going back and listening for cool passages that I assume they could expand it out into a composition or song. It was more in one of the old iterations of the band like in the 70s or something. And then they would mix and match and reassemble. The difference was music having the element of time as opposed to merely stopping with a single frame picture.

What might be interesting for you as a creative type, which clearly you are, is you might want to add the element of time and combine your paintings into a slide show or with Ken Burns style camera moves around the paintings. So if you had a collection of passages of music you put into a composition, where each passage has a corresponding painting, through clever cross dissolves and so forth you can do a multimedia experience that can run on a wall monitor or big screen TV at a performance or even at home -- creating a mood or ambiance.

Anyway, loving these pics. I like the relationships and transitions within for all the chromatic passages you use through the saturation.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-13-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

No real cropping or edge enlargements going on. Some of the "pixelation" may be from one of the earlier steps in the process that use some photoshop filters.

I like the video idea -- been a while since I have done any non-linear video. I used to use after effects and premiere.

I sent off today to have a few printed on canvas. my thought is to add some acrylic touches and then that thick clear varnish. Let you know how that goes when I'm done.

Thanks

Al

Wow. I just realized what was the problem with viewing your work. The size exceeded my screen. It wasn't until I double clicked on the images that they showed up in total in an inset frame of their own -- and WOW! Very nice indeed. I very much like them. One in particular, the first I saw this way in full, #34 with the figure in it was amazing. It was like the Muse and a fertility fetish from cave days came together into the modern jazzy world. Very cool. But then I looked again and it may have been a male. It's a trip when that happens where the images start displaying several levels of interest. They're all great. Really cool.
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-14-2018 at 08:07 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D. I appreciate the comments and encouragement. These are very different from my usual work from a total departure from representational point of view. Still using a number of the techniques I did in the earlier stuff, Layers, filters, mashups, converting colors to the "Al" pallet, adjacent hot/cold color placements and the like. I have literally dozens of pieces developed through the first few steps that just need the ArtRage pass to finish them. I'll keep posting a steady stream as time allows. Just put a bid in on a new house, so time to get this one ready to sell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 30 AR SM.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	95962

Juicy this.