Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primordial Dream Series

Primordial Dream Series

Doing a lot of abstracts lately. Pretty involved process with a LOT of steps to create this, final steps were to bring into ArtRage and use knife and pastels. More to come.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primordial Dream 1AR.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	95886

richly colored and a delight to the eye. A lot of depth with the modeling of the forms.... love it! and its great to see a bit more abstract work presented here...

Thanks GX! Much more to come.

Number 2

Second example of the new series

Name:	Untitled21FINALAR.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	95895

Wow! Al! Great seeing you posting again. Always loved the intensity of your work.

How the bass going? Playing much?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Wow! Al! Great seeing you posting again. Always loved the intensity of your work.

How the bass going? Playing much?
    Thanks Big D. Good to see everyone here again as well. Had not done any art for the last few years -- Bought a 125 year old historic house and have been doing work on it and playing a LOT of music. Took a buyout from my job as a publisher of a newspaper last fall and I have been casually trolling for a job -- or may just "retire."

Did put out 3 albums of jazz originals with a quartet I'm in last year. Example cut can be found here:

https://leedanielsquartet.bandcamp.c...t-the-vineyard

Got about a million of these abstracts I've been doing lately -- I'll post more soon.

Name:	Abstracts.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	327.0 KB 
ID:	95897

Wow. Great music. Sort of a cross between soft jazz and bossa nova? Is that safe? Really pleasant to listen to. Very cool that you're playing a lot. And restoring an old house. Wow. The mind boggles. I'm redoing my kitchen and it's a whole lot of work and I'm learning every minute.

Awesome with all the painting. Never would have thought you stopped painting for a spell with all this backlog of pictures. They look great as well.

Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D. How about you? What's up in your world since I was last in these parts?

Retirement is looming large. So I suppose that means I've gotten older. Still fumbling around with the guitars -- have settled into replaying my same repertoire just to keep the fingers in it. Used to be I was learning new songs all over the place but they became too many and I don't perform so it came down to picking up the guitar to feel good.

Also am taking up the keyboard in order to do some scoring or songwriting or composing or whatever is dictated by my whim and need. Hard for me to just arbitrarily select a thing to learn without a project for it. Also took up the harmonica(s). Lots of experimentation there. I rather like the chromatic Swan that was ridiculously cheap and it plays perfectly. But I got a few diatonic ones as well. Seems a lot for someone who simply plays in my man cave for my cat.

Taking tons of classes online. Some amazing stuff available. So I guess for the most part I've been reinventing myself as happens at such transitions in life. And looking at the time factor, there are some independent projects I'd like to launch that I've had on the back burner way too long. Got all the "parts". Now it's assembling.