Thread: Some New Works

Some New Works

Hi everyone, I haven't been very active on the forum here, but I have been busy enjoying late summer, golfing, bicycling and playing with my dog Ty. I have managed to squeeze in some work Here is some of my latest , please
    comment and share your impressions and thoughts.

TITLES( From left to right top to bottom ) 1. Tears of Separation 2. Pressure Points - 2
    3. In the Depths 4. Focus on Form - 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tears of Separation-2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	498.5 KB 
ID:	95858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pressure Points-1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	518.9 KB 
ID:	95859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In the Depths-3b.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	95860   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Focus on Form - 22.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	95861  

Whoa, Gary....outstanding, Bravo, sir! I love to sew, and this reminds me of a project I had planned some years ago using scraps of material for for a wall quilt I hoped to complete some day. Inspiring and beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Whoa, Gary....outstanding, Bravo, sir! I love to sew, and this reminds me of a project I had planned some years ago using scraps of material for for a wall quilt I hoped to complete some day. Inspiring and beautiful.
    Alexandra, thanks for comments on these! I could see some very rich textile creations done in this style with these colors....

I apologize in advance, but I love the new palette that holds the designs together so well. I don't even need to know the sources that inspired you. They just look great on first impression.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I apologize in advance, but I love the new palette that holds the designs together so well. I don't even need to know the sources that inspired you. They just look great on first impression.
    Hello D Akey great to hear from you, no apologies needed, I love bright and loud but I am slowly drifting into a more somber and restrained palette that as you say seems to tie the work together in a new and powerful way. Today is the opening of a show at the Brand Art Center in Glendale and my work "Behind the Yellow Door" was juried into...not sure if you live nearby but check it out if you can, the show will be up for several weeks..

Really? That's great. I'm a little more than a little under the weather at the moment, but I sure would love to see it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Really? That's great. I'm a little more than a little under the weather at the moment, but I sure would love to see it.
    Oh so very sorry to hear that!! Hope you get better very soon...