Thread: ArtRage 5.0.8 - And still no dual monitor sollution

ArtRage 5.0.8 - And still no dual monitor sollution

Hello, guys!

I think there is another old discussion about the dual monitor problem, but since a new version has come out I suppose it is good to remember this "bug". For those who don't know, you can't use Artrage 5 with dual monitors, because the brush offsets a lot. Me and other people already reported this, but still in this version this problem persists. I really like painting in Artrage and the second monitor helps to put the reference images and not lose space on the main monitor. I know you guys from Artrage are focusing on solving other bugs and improving in other ways, but I just wanted to make this reminder.

Best regards!!
    Cheers!!

Hi there - I can see a request for information from you that came through from our support person back in November last year but I don't know if they replied and tried troubleshooting, we're not seeing any replies to you in their mail archives.

This isn't a general problem we have seen, most people are able to use ArtRage 5 with dual monitors without seeing the problem you are seeing, so we will need to do some troubleshooting to find out what is causing the problem in your case. If you could mail me at [email protected] and let me know the hardware specifics I'll get some steps together and we can work on fixing this for you!

Using the latest version of AR -I keep my pods and ref image on my second monitor, leaving my main screen for the canvas - I haven't noticed any offset problems.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Hi there - I can see a request for information from you that came through from our support person back in November last year but I don't know if they replied and tried troubleshooting, we're not seeing any replies to you in their mail archives.

This isn't a general problem we have seen, most people are able to use ArtRage 5 with dual monitors without seeing the problem you are seeing, so we will need to do some troubleshooting to find out what is causing the problem in your case. If you could mail me at [email protected] and let me know the hardware specifics I'll get some steps together and we can work on fixing this for you!
    Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry, I thought it was a common issue. Maybe this is related to windows 10 only? I sent you an email with my specs as you requested. Hope we can solve this!

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Using the latest version of AR -I keep my pods and ref image on my second monitor, leaving my main screen for the canvas - I haven't noticed any offset problems.
    Sorry, Enug. I thought it was happening to everyone. But what OS do you use? I am on a Windows 10 up to date. And I only have this problem with Artrage.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Daniel - using Windows 10 updated version - Wacom Bamboo tablet.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Did you manage to solve it Daniel? I've been using a dual monitor setup (with Windows 10) since AR4 and it's always worked brilliant having references on one screen and canvas on another. From the sound of your issue, I would hazard a guess and say it must be something to do with your either graphics configuration or setting up the tablet to be one screen (and proportional rather than forcing matched dimensions if your screen is a different ratio to your tablet).