Thread: Designing Cover Art

Designing Cover Art

I purchaged my intuos (with artrage lite) to use with the photoshop I own but havent studied cause I hate the mouse. Even spoke to wacom before I bought it. Then after buying it was told theu ONLY support the rental photoshop.

Just learning artrage and it looks like it will do what I need for the projects coming up

However

My cover is a photo of ocean sunset and a young girl (both my photos) with script text.

With photoshop I can clean the ocean and improve the sunset and remove the background of the girl and insert her.

I think artrage will do the mods to the photo I need, mainly shadow and color enhansements, but I dont if I can seperate the girl from the background in artrage and enter her in a layer over the ocean.

Any suggestions

It sounds like the whole project is a job for Photoshop to be honest. I don’t know if desktop ArtRage has a selection tool?

If ARLite comes with a selection tool and I think it does - you will be able to freehand select around your subject and delete the background. It can then be used with a background of your choice.

Alternatively, there are a number of free online background removers - choose the one that works best for you. Here's one but most work in a similar manner. https://online.photoscissors.com/
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Thanks to all