Thread: Pen will only produce straight lines

Pen will only produce straight lines

I've been having this problem since I got the program and tablet in 2016 and no one could help me on this.

The problem is that my pen would only produce straight lines. This would happen at random and would also randomly go away. Is there an easy fix?

If anyone is confused, here's a video to help explain my situation:

This isn't a tablet problem. The tablet works fine in my other, more complicated software. But for some reason it doesn't happen with my mouse.

My Artrage is 4.5.10 Lite and my computer is a MacBook Air OS X 10.11.6

Please help!

Sorry to hear you've been having this problem for all that time!

Thanks for posting the video. That looks like the straight line mode where the cmd key is held down. You can see this because of the temporary line being shown before you raise the stylus in the video, and you'll get the same behaviour is you hold down that key then make a stroke with your stylus or mouse.

As I assume the cmd key isn't being held down, we'd need to find out what is sending that key press message to ArtRage.

Quick things to check:

-Make sure that the stylus button isn't being accidentally pressed during the stroke ( if the button is mapped to the cmd key that would cause this behaviour ). You can also try deliberately holding down each stylus button to see if that causes the straight line when you make a stroke.
    -Give the cmd keys on your keyboard a few taps just to make sure that one isn't sticking occasionally when you next see the problem.

On macOS ArtRage uses Apple's default tablet input system, so there are no tablet settings you need to change in ArtRage to troubleshoot this problem.

I'd recommend downloading the latest ArtRage Lite version from our member area at http://members.artrage.com so you have the most up to date version of the app. It's always worthwhile making sure you have the latest version which includes any improvements and fixes.

If this doesn't help or if you have any issues updating, please email me directly at [email protected] and I'll be happy to assist and do some further troubleshooting.

I updated the latest version and I haven't come across it yet. Will update later

Thanks for letting me know. If you have any further problems, please email me ( [email protected] ) with the results of checking the items in my previous message and I can do some troubleshooting with you directly.