Thread: Duplicate Stencil(Exactly) and Align/Center Stencil, Please.

Duplicate Stencil(Exactly) and Align/Center Stencil, Please.

There really needs to be a duplicate stencil option. No I dont mean just saving you the steps of opening up the stencil UI and finding your stencil. I mean exactly duplicating everything about the "source" stencil current size, angle, location.. everything.

I use stencils A LOT. And often I need more than one stencil to be sized exactly the same (say I want 2 or more circles all around the page, but want them to be exactly the same size) or maybe I need the center point of 2 stencils to match up exactly and then resize and invert one of them to easily and quickly create a rim of that shape. Currently all I can do is eyeball it. Having the option to duplicate a stencil would remedy much of this.

Another feature request would be a way to center 2 differing stencils with each other as well. Those little green push pins at the centers of stencils and the unsteadiness of the human hand aren't exactly the most friendly when you are trying to be extremely precise with placement

Thanks.

Exclamation artrage 6 in 2022 improved nothing the stencils since ver 4

Quote Originally Posted by CMDesign View Post
    There really needs to be a duplicate stencil option. No I dont mean just saving you the steps of opening up the stencil UI and finding your stencil. I mean exactly duplicating everything about the "source" stencil current size, angle, location.. everything.

I use stencils A LOT. And often I need more than one stencil to be sized exactly the same (say I want 2 or more circles all around the page, but want them to be exactly the same size) or maybe I need the center point of 2 stencils to match up exactly and then resize and invert one of them to easily and quickly create a rim of that shape. Currently all I can do is eyeball it. Having the option to duplicate a stencil would remedy much of this.

Another feature request would be a way to center 2 differing stencils with each other as well. Those little green push pins at the centers of stencils and the unsteadiness of the human hand aren't exactly the most friendly when you are trying to be extremely precise with placement

Thanks.
    We are in 2022 with version 6 and stencil handling still sucks... frusntrated and disapointed...

Hello and welcome Pinhel. What are your problems with the stencils? We might be able to help in finding a solution. e.g. you can move the stencils with the arrow keys on your keyboard and holding down the Shift and arrow keys will move the stencil by larger increments.

Duplicating stencils merely entails selecting the same stencil again or as many times as desired. To resize you can enter the width, height and rotation percentages in the Transform window which appears when you click on the stencils or choose Transform from the ribbon at the top of the canvas.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Stencil duplication

Thanks for your replay, but I cannot duplicate a stencil. I can add new ones, but not duplicate an existing. New ones are always reset. With duplicate I mean REALLY duplicate each variable of it, just like duplicate layer.
    By the way there should be a stencil management window just like the layers. I always accidentally move them, or resize them.. and a lot of times I notice it too lade to use undo. They should have a LOCK on them, it is quite easy to mess with them whisld dragging the pen

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you. SueEllen works with stencils - if she reads this she might join the conversation.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]