Thread: Saving a several-colour-loaded brush

Saving a several-colour-loaded brush

Is there a way to save a brush once you have loaded several colours onto it?

For example, if I put plenty of paint down on the canvas (or on a scrap) so they are next to one another, then I drag my brush through, I can get nice effects with the next brush stroke because there are two or more colours on the brush. Rather than having to prep the brush like this every time (which is almost impossible to re-create anyway), is there a way to save the brush before using it so that I can use it repeatedly with the colour combination I just loaded onto it by dragging it through the different paints?

There's no way to save a brush with multiple colours I'm afraid. You could potentially use a scrap with a couple of strokes of paint to pick up with your brush, then use the undo button on the scrap to return the strokes to their previous appearance so paint can be picked up for the next stroke, but if you're painting a lot of multicolour strokes that's not really going to be workable I would think. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    There's no way to save a brush with multiple colours I'm afraid. You could potentially use a scrap with a couple of strokes of paint to pick up with your brush, then use the undo button on the scrap to return the strokes to their previous appearance so paint can be picked up for the next stroke, but if you're painting a lot of multicolour strokes that's not really going to be workable I would think. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
    OK, thanks - is there an official method to request a feature implementation?

Any suggestions can be posted in the Suggestions forum, or emailed to us at [email protected] , but I've already added this one to our suggestions list so it's been noted down. Thanks for the feedback!