Thread: Tilt sensing is completely borked

Tilt sensing is completely borked

I'm using ArtRage 5.0.7 (full version) on Windows 10 with a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro, and ever since the update it keeps thinking I'm constantly tilting downward. It makes it impossible to use certain tools, such as the airbrush tool.

This needs to be fixed asap, it's seriousely messing with my workflow.

Even if it somehow can't be fixed, please, please add a toggle in ArtRage Preferences to turn OFF tilt mechanics. It kinda messes me up anyway because I tend to tilt the pen naturally, and I don't want the tools to change just because of that.

Thanks for letting us know. We had one other report about this yesterday and we're looking in to it. 5.0.7 was tested on one of these devices and did not show any problems so it's possible that there has been a Windows update since then - 5.0.7 specifically adjusted tilt support because a change in Windows meant that it stopped working properly on Surface Pro using Realtime Stylus, our guess at this point is that there are two different implementations of the RTS standard out there, with the drivers on the Samsung device not matching the standard on the Surface Pro.

You should be able to turn off tilt temporarily for a tool by going to Set Stylus Properties in the menu at the top of the tool settings panel and removing the Tilt Angle property.

I hope to have some more information soon, we're just trying to source machines so we can replicate the problem.

Thanks for the info, however I can't seem to find 'Set Stylus Properties' anywhere. Can you give me a more detailed explanation on how to get there?

Also is there a way I can download 5.0.6 to see if that version works?

Oh wait, I see tilt angle. It's currently at 0% but the pencil tool and airbrush tool are still affected by tilt very severly

The Menu button at the top of the settings panel (outlined in this screenshot) should pop up a menu with the Set Stylus Properties option in it. Select that option and a panel will appear, scroll down the panel until you see a 'Tilt Angle' row and click the x button at the right of that row. That will stop ArtRage controlling the tilt angle of your pencil using the Tilt Angle property of the stylus.

We're currently looking at a potential fix, if you're interested in trying it out could you drop me an email ([email protected]) and let me know so I can get you a test build when we're ready with it?

Name:  SettingsMenu.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  30.6 KB

Oh, that worked to disable tilting, thank you! Amd I'll shoot you an email, I wanna be helpful to this haha

Quick update for everyone finding this thread: We've solved the problem and I'm just prepping builds that we're testing and expect to release early next week (for a wise person once said, only a fool does a release on a Friday afternoon).