Thread: Finding Stable Ground

Finding Stable Ground

an abstracted concept and landscape all in one... hope you enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Finding Stable Ground-2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	476.1 KB 
ID:	95615  

How do you do what you do, Gary?!? Always awesome, and a wonder to view your work. Layers and layers of designs so contrastive, yet interdependent-again creating another unique masterpiece! Love them all.

Hi Alexandra, you have put a big smile on my face this morning, one it is great to have you back here and two your appreciative comment on my work. I really want my work to be a blessing on the world , to give a smile, joy and
    a meditation in color that continues to reveal more depth over time. Your comment lets me know I am succeeding in that endeavor.

I really like this one. Nice use of saturation and artistic marks. Strong compositional statement as well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gary this is very strong statement, I look at this and actually see that we are in unstable times, you see the unbalanced with your painting leaning to the left and the earthy colors of browns and greens of the earth wonderful statement, textures and painting

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I really like this one. Nice use of saturation and artistic marks. Strong compositional statement as well.
    Yes I started with a series of strong horizontal shapes then began a compositional melody off of those...

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary this is very strong statement, I look at this and actually see that we are in unstable times, you see the unbalanced with your painting leaning to the left and the earthy colors of browns and greens of the earth wonderful statement, textures and painting
    thanks Pat yes I stuck to primarily earth colors to ground this work... with a bit of fiery yellow and reds...