Thread: Is there a recommended tablet for PC?

Is there a recommended tablet for PC?

Hi, I've started using using Artrage on an Ipad and would like to move on to the PC version with a Pen tablet - can you recommended a suitable tablet ?
    I don't have the budget for display tablet like the Cintiq.

Hello CollinSW and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    If you are considering a non-screen tablet and have the budget I would recomend a Wacom Intuos Pro Medium size or Large size.
    If my current Intuos 4 should ever fail me I would get a new Intuos Pro without hesitation.
    There are many other capable non-screen tablets out there to chose from but as of yet I have found no others who’s drivers offer the amount of user customisable possibilities in settings.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.8 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.13.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

I use a Wacom Intuos 3 for many years now.

I had other tablets before - with more durable surfaces, but the drivers were shit.

I have 2 monitors and could not access the second monitor with the pen, but with the
    Intuos everything worked perfectly.

Later I bought a small early Wacom Bamboo with touch - this was cheap and crappy even though
    it is from Wacom. Touch did not work properly. OK, I don't need touch anyway. I hate trackpads. ;-)

When I compare the drawing experience between Bamboo and Intous - boy, the Intuos are sooo much
    better!

Of course, I don't know if it is still like that, as I have not bought an actual tablet in the recent time as my
    Intuos still works fine.

Just want to tell you my experience.

I bought a Wacom Cintique tablet computers some years ago, but that was a waste of money.
    Even though it has an i7 processor it is slow and I always fear to scratch the display - as I
    have a lot of scratches on the Intuos surface. I used the tablet 14 hours a day over years.
    And it can't be turned off completly. At least I could not manage that. If I use the shut down
    function on the Windows 8.1, it still needs power and the battery is empty 2 or 3 days later.
    So I always have to need to connect it to a powerline which sucks!

Just my experience the the topic tablets and co.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

Quote Originally Posted by ColinSW View Post
    Hi, I've started using using Artrage on an Ipad and would like to move on to the PC version with a Pen tablet - can you recommended a suitable tablet ?
    I don't have the budget for display tablet like the Cintiq.
    What I forgot - you can use your iPad as a tablet on a Mac, too.

There is an app called Astropad

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/astr...934510730?mt=8
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!