Thread: Artrage 5 and Painter 19-some random thoughts

Thumbs up Artrage 5 and Painter 19-some random thoughts

I've been using Linux for the last 18 months or so and lost track of AR and Painter.

This morning I got an email from Corel telling me of a new version of Painter. So off I go to the Corel site to check it out. The features of Painter 19 made me feel all warm and fuzzy until I saw the price-$499.00 Cdn! Factoring in ArtRage 5's current sale price, that puts Painter at more than 10 x the price of ArtRage. As far as individual features go, there is very little if anything missing for the traditional artist. Sure there may be personal preferences.

Me, I'm gonna upgrade to reinstall Windows just for AR and purchase ArtRage 5.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug B; 07-03-2018 at 06:30 PM.

I'm pretty sure you'll be be wrapped in artrage 5... I installed it a couple of days ago and I'll give it 10 out of 10.

You should be able to purchase Painter for less than $499 if you have purchased a previous older version and upgrade is available for around $200 or less.

What flavor of Linux are you involved with? I have tried: Mint (latest version with Live thumb drive), Debian 9.4, Fedora Creative Suite 27, Ubuntu Studio, AV Linux 2016, and a few older flavors like EAR, and Dream Linux.
    I really like Debian and Fedora Creative Suite extended with discs purchased through osdiscs to have access to entire repository on DVDs. With Fedora's repository discs I have been able to install the complete WINE application and have access to Art Rage on Fedora Creative Suite 27. Also works with no other attachments or repositories in a single installation of AV Linux 2016.
    The very first digital art program that I worked with Art Rage 1

You may visit my personally designed website at: www.stephenlopiano.com
    There is one section full of pages there under the Digital Artwork category that is devoted entirely to paintings I have created with Art Rage.