I previously posted about this; it was moved to suggestions. Now I have an urgent problem, so I'm posting as a problem. I fully understand if it is moved to Suggestions.

I am attempting to work on a background I created in acrylic on canvas, size 36"x48". I took a photo of the image and saved it as a tif. I would like to upload the tif to Artrage support, because I think it reveals a particular problem with the Artrage cursors, except for "tool", which I find intrusive.

The problem is that some painted patterns can act as camouflage for the cursor. Against these patterns, one would think one could see it , but can't. In tests, I turn my head slightly, move the cursor onto the background, and it's gone! Only the pen brings it back, and then I've painted something I didn't want to paint.

Another program I use, Affinity Photo, is hardly a competitor to Artrage, but it has a basic brush tool, and a cursor, which is similar but different from the Artrage cursor. Below 16px, the Affiniity cursor adds crosshairs. So does Artrage, but Affintiy has a more effective pattern of light/dark contrast enhancement, and greater size.

I can find the Affinity cursor on my background. I can't find the Artrage cursor on the same background.

I think that if Artrage support were to take a look at my background, they might decide to make some very minor changes in their cursor that would solve the problem.

In the meantime, I'll have to find another way other than Artrage to paint on my canvas. Sob! Maybe I'll try Affinity Photo, or Gimp.

The tif is 45 megs. Let me know.