ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New User

New User

I stumbled upon this program thu artists blogs, tried it and bought it six hours later. I am adept at photoshop and illustrator but always seemed to struggle with painter. With that said, I love this program so far!! So easy to use and little learning curve. I just can't wait to keep trying new things with it. So far my only concern is that you have to pick a file size in pixels rather than in inches (hey! That's what I'm used to.), lack of a blending brush (but so far noticed that I can just lower the loading on the oil brush or use the palette knife too.) and that the files are only saved at 72dpi. Would really love that last one to be pumped up to at least 300.

Here is my first practice painting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

very nice..one of my fav movies

There's a suggestion section, where you can suggest stuff to the software guys......and from what I read..they are working on updates
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Welcome to the forum, jonjpinto.
    The DPI setting will be available in the next release of ArtRage - which is due out very soon now!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Update

Had some time to play more with the program. Love it even more!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hey, you are really good!
    welcome to the forum.You'll love it here.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

hanzz is right, that looks indeed very good!

welcome!

regards,
    maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

WOW!

I feel honored that you even looked at my pic let alone comment on it. I have been looking at all your stuff and read your tutorials this past weekend so I need to thank you for all of your help.

...and just so everyone knows, I didn't get the Tarzan drawing out of a book. I did actually draw it. I work in the Orlando area and although I don't work directly for Disney, I do provide them with art.

Thanks

Thanks maror. I really appreciate that.

jonjpinto- Looking good there. I like very much that you are taking advantage of the tools natural tendency to impart texture to the surface. Your color tones and sense of dimension are good too. Fun stuff.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Thanks David. Love your work and thanks for your glazing tutorial.