Thread: Anybody heard from Gary Hopkins? (aka gxhpainter)

Anybody heard from Gary Hopkins? (aka gxhpainter)

Last I heard he was going to Portugal for an art show he was to be in. Maybe he took up with a native girl and is listening to flamenco and eating paella. But he's not visited the AR forums since early April and I was most curious about his experience as he was starting to get some notable attention.

Anyway, if you're lurking Gary, hope you're doing well and having the time of your life.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Well Hello D Akey!,

Thanks for asking about my whereabouts. I have been back from Lisbon for about a month but I contracted a bad viral cold, and just now getting back to normal. The trip to Lisbon for my gallery opening with my son was
    a very special time and really fun. I even sold a painting opening night!. and my work stirred up a lot of interest in how it was done. Surprisingly there are a lot of people that have no clue about digital painting and are amazed
    that my work was done on a computer with a stylus. Portugal (Lisbon ) was a beautiful city and my first experience with Medieval cities, castles. I was staying in the old part of the city very near the castle San Jorge which sits at
    the top of the mountain. Lisbon is VERY VERY hilly and the streets very very narrow and paved with cobblestones. Lisbon is very like San Francisco in that is sits in a bay near the ocean and has 7 hills. I got to spend a week exploring
    and just barely scratched the surface of things to do. The city was very clean and safe ( police walk the streets in groups of three, no litter and the people super friendly and food was super. Time to get back to posting
    work again.

Congratulations on the gallery opening! Sounds like a wonderful trip.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter / Technical Support
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Congratulations on the gallery opening! Sounds like a wonderful trip.
    Wow thanks so much for the Congrats!... who would have thought your magical software would have carried me so far!..
    thank you and the entire team!

This is really fantastic news. I will add my congratulations as well. You're on your way. Woooohoooo!!!!!!!
    Very exotic and expansive with all the travel details. It all goes into the creative pool to draw from when you're doing your work.
    You may even be able to write these trips off your taxes, but talk to your accountant -- one that's savvy and that you can trust to get it right.

Sorry about the bug. But glad you are feeling better.
    Last edited by D Akey; 06-22-2018 at 03:27 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream