Thread: do i miss something?

do i miss something?

being busy with a painting,found the need to put the layers in a group, so far so good but, ones that is done? it seems i can't create a layer no more above the group layer?,when i try to create a layer? it's always in the group layer but i want a separate layer above that layer. make sense?

Yeah. Just tried it and your problem is that you have a layer selected inside the folder and it will make new ones within that folder. You can make it there and just drag it above the folder and you can then make new layers outside the folder. Which layer is selected matters for the action you are then trying to do. You can click on the layer and drag it up, or sort the order of all the layers. Hope this helps.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thx for the answerSo if i understand? deselecting the layer in the group gone allow me to create a layer outside the group layer? right?

Not exactly. I don't think you can ever not have at least one layer selected. So, make a layer within the folder or select a layer outside the folder. Either way you can drag the new layer to the top of all the layers to start painting on it. I think that's what you want to do. Easiest way is to try it out and see.
    Last edited by D Akey; 06-09-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

i tried it and you can have a non select layer status in the group, but you can't create a layers outside.So the only way i found is the one you was suggesting and that is to create a layer in the group and drag it above the group layer.

Well at least you have a way to do what you ultimately want. I'm using a MAC desktop version of AR and I can't get it where no layer is selected at all. Anyway, the upshot is you have it working for you. Good deal.

Basically if you have all of your layers in a group, then you create a new layer, it will also be created in the group, above the currently selected layer. So normally you would create the new layer and drag it outside the group like D Akey suggested. I haven't run into a situation where I was able to get no layer at all selected, if you are able to do that, could you let me know how? That's unintended if that's what you're seeing.

i stand corrected in matter of non layer selection in group.I really tough that by selecting the "group bar" a de selection occurred. (seems not)

No problem, thanks for letting us know!