Thread: First time i try to draw a bird- Magpie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First time i try to draw a bird- Magpie

Attachment 95325 This bird is quite smart but enjoying and all around my house here in Sweden.. I like this birds looks so I had to give it a try. Never painted or draw a bird before. Fun to do.

Wow! That's incredible work. I'm quite sure the birds' vanity would be satisfied. Clearly all those portraits you have done have really taught you how to paint very well indeed. Good one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you. I did this one for my wife. She is really interested in birds. This will be here logo for her handmade soap products she is making.Attachment 95329 This is will be printed on a small label.
    Last edited by danny72; 06-11-2018 at 05:11 PM.

How nice. Just a design tip, you may want to arrange it slightly different where you have the bird looking at the name of the product rather than away to the left. In paintings also, one wants to generally lead the eye into the picture rather than off. So the way the bird is facing tends to matter. I know it sounds trivial, but the bird is like an arrow that the eye will follow. It's pretty much tried and true in advertising and product design too, and couldn't hurt sales any to have it pointing where you will grab you potential customers' attention. It's subliminal, but it's how people tend to be wired.
    Last edited by D Akey; 06-11-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yeah I know. But I don't know how to turn the bird. Do you witch key you can turn the drawing?

You can select your layer that the content is on.

Right click and from the flyout menu pick "Transform. . ."

Then click on "Flip"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	327.1 KB 
ID:	95336