Thread: Color erase option

Color erase option

Is there a way to erase a selected color, or modify a select color only, something similar to a blue pencil erase functions? I use any color but black for my initial pencil sketching for my webcomic, but when I begin to ink, sometimes I will fail to start a new layer and end up inking on my pecil layer and can't effectively clean the pencil off with out taking the ink too. Any suggestions?

Whenever I create a painting I always create four layers at a minimum. That helps remind me to not focus on the painting as a traditional one layer work. Create the layers, rename them to something useful and then maybe you will be more inclined to think about where the paint strokes are going? My usual starting layers:
    1. Set the canvas color right up front. It really sets the tone of the painting.
    2. Sketch Layer
    3. Square Canvas 2 Layer
    4. Oil Layer
    5. Signature (duh!)

(reverse the order of the layers above inside ArtRage)

As to your request to not remove the pencil marks I don’t think they can add a feature to remove just colors. Even the none-gray colors that are painted cannot be effectively removed without taking out the pencil marks.
    Robert Hopkins

Hello davidpallee,
    If you have AR5 you could try using the ‘Remove Colour Matte’ Filter on the unwanted colours.
    You can find it by going to Edit > Filters > Remove Colour Matte.
    Hope it helps and let us know how you get on.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Wow, Mark W, that worked perfect. Using the remove color matte did the trick, liked taking aweay old school blue lines. Thanks.