Thread: Heart of the Home

Heart of the Home

I dont know why it is, but I feel like I have lived somewhere like this, I have never been to Italy or anywhere else that have homes like this but I am so drawn
    to paint these beautiful courtyards and when I do paint these homes I feel a little sad that there is something missing in my life, it sounds silly but it feels real
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heart of the Home.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	95181  

Well, Pat, I think many people know exactly of what you speak. I believe there's a whole lot pulling on us and that may be why we paint -- to help focus the lens as it were. All those feelings and settings seem preserved in paintings.

I can hardly believe you have never been to Tuscany -- this lifetime. It's a beautiful, magical place when you get there, especially if one has been romanticizing it for years. That was the case for me. It was almost surreal seeing the solidity of my imaginings right in front of me -- only somewhat different.

I was very much into Renaissance art and times and so in my head Tuscany and all those old art places were still in the 1400s give or take a few centuries. So when I finally got there, I felt like a Renaissance artist who got catapulted through time to our current times. A lot of things from the old paintings were still around, but people were dressed funny -- modern. So the modern world was the one that was like a hallucination. And believe me, that's a trip.

Anyway, nice painting. Very homey. I can almost smell the food cooking and hear someone sweeping across the stones with a rude broom.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you DAkey, If I ever get the chance, Italy will be my destination

Fantastic painting Pat i like very much
    Visit my website here

Very nice! This feels really summery, which is especially good as it's pouring with rain over here

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Very nice! This feels really summery, which is especially good as it's pouring with rain over here
    It always confuses me about the seasons being flopped, with Santa in a bathing suit in your part of the globe and all. Well, if you get too much rain, package some of it up and send it to Southern California. The weather man here is way off. They said there was zero percent chance of rain today so in keeping with tradition, it sprinkled a bit -- just enough to scientifically prove them wrong. Not enough that you sending us some of your overflow wouldn't be welcome. Cheers.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

That is lovely Pat!

I thank all of you for such kind comments, always appreciate them,
    DAkey, we are having plenty of rain, will send some there for you