Thread: Option to disable on-Canvas pop up messages "Touch Projection On" and zoom level

Option to disable on-Canvas pop up messages "Touch Projection On" and zoom level

Hello!
    I love ArtRage on the iPad and recently been using it more often. Thanks for making it work so good with Apple Pencil!

What drives me nuts though is the annoying "Touch projection On" message that appears when I touch with my finger. I have finger painting disabled obviously and I use the Apple Pencil. But I really don't think it's necessary to display that message everytime I try to zoom and rotate the canvas and I touch one finger before that other. It appears quite often... And if I know that I already disabled the finger input , I don't need to keep being reminded.
    Please allow the user to disable these pop-ups. - maybe an option in preferences.
    Same with the Zoom level pop up, I think it can be useful some times but it's really not that necessary and If you allow users to disable those poping-up the experience will be much more pleasant and feel more natural.
    These pop-ups really take away from the natural painting on canvas feeling.

Again thanks for developing this app it's really great. love all the natural tools and layer functions.

Cheers

Haha, yeah, that does seem to be a recurring annoyance. It may be something we can tweak, we just have to find the right balance between 'annoying popup' and 'steady stream of emails to support about how someone can't draw on the screen'. Unfortunately we have a very wide ranging audience when it comes to drawing habits, screen touching, and comfort with menus and this is one of those 'hard to get just right for everyone' things.

But the feedback is definitely noted, and the solution is sensible, even if we can't make promises.

Hi Hannah --Thanks for your response
    I think you can keep it as it is by default for the wider audience, so they all get those pop-ups
    Only users who know what they're doing would go to the settings and switch that off.
    I also think this will make it feel more "pro"
    Thanks for considering

Another thing you may consider is the size and strength of those pop ups. they're quite large and intense. maybe softer/smaller popups will be more suitable for a really nice and natural painting app like this.

Cheers