Thread: replaying scripts to increase file size

replaying scripts to increase file size

Hi,

I have recorded many paintings that I created on my iPad and am trying to play them on my desktop to create larger scale art for printing. When I go to play the script, I am able to increase the print size and the dpi but how do I save it in that format? Do I let the entire script play and then "save as"? When I have tried that it seems to default back to the original scale that the art was created in from my ipad. I have read the online manual an it says "if you opt to play back the script at a custom size you are provided with full control over the sizing of the new file as per the new file dialog. This allows you to set the size in pixels or screen units." It also mentioned that you can use this process to save the art at different sizes but I can not seem to figure out how to save the art at a larger size with a higher dpi after playing the script. Please help. Thank you!!!!!

Hi Heddy,

You should be able to save your work at different sizes by:

1) Loading the script.
    2) Change the width and height (screen size is easiest, just change the % to 200% or something like that to test it).
    3) Choose 'accelerate playback' to zip through the painting process

After it finishes, save the new file. You should now have a larger painting. If this did not work, can you post a step by step of the exact options you are selecting and what you see?

If you need multiple sizes, simply play the script back at the largest size, then use Edit > Resize Painting to create smaller copies and export them (as long as you save the original large size, you do not need to keep separate ArtRage files for each size).

Thank you!
    I will try that now:-)

Good luck! If you need more help, I can find you a video about using scripts.

I've also deleted your other post, to avoid confusion

Could you please send me a video? I am still having issues.

This is what I have done:
    1. loaded the script onto my desktop.
    2. Played it in artrage 5, increased the screen size by 200% and increased the dpi to 300.
    3. Once the playback finished, the playback dialog box disappeared and I hit "save".
    4. Next I go to Edit > resize painting, to verify that it is the correct file size and it shows the original file size from the iPad and the DPI is 72.

Should I be saving the file after playback as "save as" and create a new file name and then export them?

Thank you in advance for your help!

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. The painting you see when you play it back is already a new file, so it doesn't matter how to save it.

Watch this video (from 11.50) as the artist does exactly what you are trying to do.

If it still isn't working, can you check you have the latest versions available to you installed and let me know exactly what versions those are, and what your iOS operating system version is? You can also send the script you are having problems with to [email protected].

If you do send the script, please zip the file, as it will likely be too large to send via email. If it's still over 10 mb in size after being zipped, or you don't have a means of zipping it, email us anyway and we can look at alternative methods of getting the script file.