Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't upload

Can't upload

Hi:

Felt like sharing some custom brushes but the .prs files are too big and the upload manager won't let me upload a .arpack file.

Any suggestions for putting the brushes here for others to access?

DO

How about sharing a link from a Google drive or something along that line? Dropbox? I sometimes share files/images from Google Drive and make it a public link so anyone can get it.

Thanks, for sharing DO!
    Robert Hopkins

At best that is a temporary solution ... links will become broken if I change cloud storage solutions etc.

This leads to a very problematic and precarious way of sharing things, where the ArtRage community has no guarantee to have continued access to things.

I suggest the size limits on the .prs files be increased to take into account the fact that custom brushes take more memory. (mine are about 150Kb each)

Ambient Design could do much to help out the "At Supplies" section, and the ArtRage community by also allowing .arpack file uploads as well.

just my humble opinion.

DO

what happens if you compress the file into a .zip it might reduce the file size?

.zip is not a valid file type for upload...

Painted this with my custom brush. The brush is my homage to square canvas 2 is meant to be versatile, natural feeling, and easy to use, and it currently has 4 very similar variants. I call them the SquareMess brushes because of their loose sketchy washy quality which is what I was going for.

The sketch below was made from memory only and used two of the four brushes as a test. I think the brushes passed my test. Looking forward to sharing someday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pear2.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	95005
    Last edited by DarkOwnt; 04-12-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Seeing as though the upload manager wont allow you to upload your brushes what happens if you share the brush head + grain for us to download and take a screenshot of each page of settings and we can copy it. Seems like a really long way of doing it though!

hopefully the amazing Artrage team can allow .arpack to be uploaded soon

why don't you try Deviantart? i found a lot of AR files there to dl....always worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Whinknshire
    Hopefully the amazing Artrage team can allow .arpack's to be uploaded soon
    I second that!
    Robert Hopkins

I wonder what the file size limits are for images.

My brushes are only about 150kb each!!