Thread: MADE WITH MATCHES 2 - Paul Newman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MADE WITH MATCHES 2 - Paul Newman

I've dedicated this artwork to my wife, because she loved Paul Newman. It has a long story. When my bio book will be published I will tell it's story there, and also the stoty of every artwork.
    If you see some imperfections is because I wasn't good with shades. It was one of my first ones.

I've created it with matches and oil colors, gluing them together on boards called "Nisiello's Boards".

The sizes are 37x54cm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paul Newman 37x54cm.jpeg 
Views:	219 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	94996
    Last edited by Sincriffid; 01-07-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Congratulations. It sounds like a fascinating story with a lot of heart. Distinctive technique. Because of the shape of the match sticks it takes on a little bit of a Van Gogh feel, doesn't it.

Just to let you know, this is a website for digital painting done to some degree in the program ArtRage. Have you thought about doing digital painting? You can download a free demo and see if it's something you would enjoy. You might be able to apply your artistry in that way as well.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Exclamation Van Gogh?

[QUOTE=D Akey;522928]Congratulations. It sounds like a fascinating story with a lot of heart. Distinctive technique. Because of the shape of the match sticks it takes on a little bit of a Van Gogh feel, doesn't it.

Thank you! It looks like Van Gogh style right? Here's my Van Gogh! Tell me who do you want to see and I will show it to you! I have 44 artworks! I have Stallone, Ayrton Senna, Marylin...! I am 74 years old I don't know anything about digital art, I'll stick with my matches artworks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van Gogh 45x55cm.jpeg 
Views:	204 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	94998

Nicely done. I bet these paintings if you want to call them paintings took a long time and a lot of match sticks.

Yes that's true, I needed 2 years to make this one! We can call it "art pop" because it's a collage of glue, colr oils and matches