Thread: InApp Purchase for Advanced Features

InApp Purchase for Advanced Features

I like ArtRage, but all advanced features are in PC versions. Why not bring them into iOS version as inapp purchase options?

Quote Originally Posted by firstrazor View Post
    I like ArtRage, but all advanced features are in PC versions. Why not bring them into iOS version as inapp purchase options?
    I imagine it's probably more just a technical & graphical limitation with phones then intentionally leaving out the fancier stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DarnHyena View Post
    I imagine it's probably more just a technical & graphical limitation with phones then intentionally leaving out the fancier stuff.
    Agree. But tablet is so much more portable, and much faster than PC with much less price.

I am waiting to see what Adobe Gemini will offer.

At the moment the mobile version is aimed at freehand painting and sketching, and to keep a lower price point and ensure we support a broad range of devices we haven't looked at working on adding some of the more advanced features.

As devices have become so much faster and with more memory available they are certainly more suited to higher end apps so we may end up doing something like this in the future but right now I'm not sure the market would support the kind of pricing required for the sort of work we would have to do to implement the higher end functionality, and I'd be concerned that users with lower end devices could end up making purchases not realising that the features they're purchasing won't run well for them.

Sort of a non answer, I know, it's just a really tricky situation and we're not quite sure how we're going to approach it yet. We definitely hear the request though!