Thread: VGA or DVI

VGA or DVI

New to Artrage but love it, however if I am posting in wrong area please advise me.

Using a Ugee 1910B tablet with artrage 4 may upgrade to 5 but was supplied with VGA connection only but think I may have read DVI is better. My lap top does not have DVI port so if I had a DVI from tablet to VGA lap top would it improve anything !!

Thank you all

This will only matter for display quality, so if you are not noticing any issues, you do not need to fix anything (VGA is worse, but that does not mean it always makes a noticeable difference). A conversion cable will not improve the VGA quality, and converting the data may cause further data loss, so in most cases it only helps if you just can't connect the devices otherwise.

You're probably fine as you are, drawing tablets aren't super high resolution most of the time.

Thank you for response. I was more concerned about finished quality for printing but will export and then save in another program to save in different formats.

Print quality will not be affected by the display type, only by the size of your canvas (number of pixels long and wide) as well as image quality (e.g. if the file is compressed for space it will delete some data, but you will usually know you have done this). You can export almost any format you might need directly from ArtRage, you only need to open it in another program if you want to edit it further using different features.

For most printing, PNG is the most reliable format.