Thread: Gradually from Beneath

Gradually from Beneath

a tribute to spring and all that is pushing up with new life...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gradually From Beneath.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	465.7 KB 
ID:	94865  

[COLOR="#000000"] Gary Great I like it also GRADULLY FROM
    BENEATH MY GLOOM A GLIMMER SHONE THANKS CIAO SLAINTE
    [/COLOR

I'm liking your newest direction of these. It seems you're following a vision or stepped into a new room. It still has your vibe, but what I'm noticing is that there's a visible cohesiveness in the style of marks within a particular painting. I can see the artist on topic. Lots of room to explore.

Remember that old Eastern notion that the entire universe can be extrapolated from a single grain of sand. Maybe it was also about the sand. But I think more likely it's what goes on inside the seeker during the contemplation. So the limiting of the visuals -- the selection process -- is what gives each piece its distinctive character. And to explore another area could be a whole different picture. It's challenging when one is expanded to impose limits.

Saying yes to one thing also is saying no to countless others. But it acknowledges the nature of looking at the world and everything through the little pinholes we call ourselves. And at least as long as this is the game, it's not a bad thing to paint. And the viewers get it on the level they're operating on. So too with the artist. But it's good when the artist is leading that initial part of the "conversation".
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-22-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"] Gary Great I like it also GRADULLY FROM
    BENEATH MY GLOOM A GLIMMER SHONE THANKS CIAO SLAINTE
    [/COLOR
    HI Eighty+ great to hear from you and glad you like
    this and found it lifting the gloom... that is the best thing I have heard for awhile!... take care!...

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I'm liking your newest direction of these. It seems you're following a vision or stepped into a new room. It still has your vibe, but what I'm noticing is that there's a visible cohesiveness in the style of marks within a particular painting. I can see the artist on topic. Lots of room to explore.

Remember that old Eastern notion that the entire universe can be extrapolated from a single grain of sand. Maybe it was also about the sand. But I think more likely it's what goes on inside the seeker during the contemplation. So the limiting of the visuals -- the selection process -- is what gives each piece its distinctive character. And to explore another area could be a whole different picture. It's challenging when one is expanded to impose limits.

Saying yes to one thing also is saying no to countless others. But it acknowledges the nature of looking at the world and everything through the little pinholes we call ourselves. And at least as long as this is the game, it's not a bad thing to paint. And the viewers get it on the level they're operating on. So too with the artist. But it's good when the artist is leading that initial part of the "conversation".
    Hi D Akey sorry to be so slow in responding but I was really taken with your comment. Then I got tangled up with Doctor apps, and Dentists for two days... ugh.. but everything worked out just fine. They are working hard at keeping me patched up and running....

Got to make sure the teeth are ready for all that smiling in Portugal. There will be lots of it I'm sure.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream