Thread: Artrage 5 Stylus tilt detection

Artrage 5 Stylus tilt detection

Hello everyone

I hope you guys can answer me this quick questions.

I have a Wacom bamboo create, it does not have stylus tilt. Eventually, i am planning to get a tablet with stylus tilt detection, and I was curious to how it performs on the ArtRage 5 software.

example:

the palate Knife tool has a lock rotation option that you can set to give you the angle of the stroke you would like to use. I was wondering if Stylus tilt on Artrage will mimic the same behavior? I find it a bit tedious to constantly having to go back and forth and edit the rotation angle. It kind of intterupts the rythem and flow you get when you are deeply connected to your painting and is a little bit not intutitve.

I was hoping that the stylus tilt will mimic such behavior so that I am freely able to adjust my stroke angels with just the tilt of my stylus like if I was painting with a palette knife.

If this is not how it functions in ARtrage5, then can you guys please explain to m how it works within the software? thank you for your time :].

Edit:

New question:
    Parblo Island A609 9 x 6 inches Digital Graphic Tablet

Is this tablet compatible with ArtRage5?
    Last edited by juanmedina; 03-18-2018 at 03:42 AM.

You have the right idea, stylus tilt will let you change rotation when you draw, so you would get the same result as constantly adjusting the slider (e.g. for the Oil Brush) or change direction (rotation normally follows the direction of the stroke if not locked, so Lock Rotation means that direction is ignored, but tilt is used to adjust the angle). Live tilting for the pencil is also quite useful, you can vary the tilt instead of using a fixed amount.

You can also explore the stylus properties to see what rotation will do for each tool (some are not affected, some allow rotation to be linked to specific properties or disabled outright).

Name:  artrage 5 stylus control centre rotation ink pen.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  39.4 KB

Awesome, I am glad to hear that!! :]. Thank you for your time replying to my post!

I have one more question and I hope you or anyone else can answer it for me.

Pablo Island A609 9 x 6 inches Digital Graphic Tablet

Is this tablet compatible with ArtRage 5?

Yes, that should work with ArtRage. ArtRage supports all the standard drivers that graphics tablets use to communicate pressure, tilt, etc, so will work with almost any drawing device. The biggest issue we see by a very long way is not compatibility with ArtRage but problems with the tablet drivers.

So the driver support from the tablet company (do they fix bugs? bring out new updates for your OS?) will be important. We have no control over this, so make sure you trust the manufacturer to provide ongoing support. It might work perfectly, it might have one annoying problem, or it might suddenly stop being pressure sensitivity after a computer update.

We can work directly with Wacom to report bugs to them, and we can usually guarantee that Wacom features will always work, but there are too many different tablet companies out there to be able to say 'yes, that tablet brand will be fine'. Sometimes it is worth the risk to get a cheaper tablet, so that's up to you

alright, sweet thank you for answering all my questions. You can lock the thread or close it. Thanks again for all of your assistance! :].